Home Isolation In B&W Pictures - Part II

Here is the second and final part of my home isolation in black and white/monochrome pics series; the continuation of Part I. In a nutshell, all these are quick, spontaneous snaps, taken with my iPhone around my house, that tell a concise story of my coronavirus home isolation time. To help the story telling feel I opted for the absence of colour and converted the images into monochrome.

I love spending time in the kitchen cooking, baking or just pottering around doing bits and pieces.

My lockdown Easter dining room

My little kitchen window, where I express my love for seasons; a little corner that cheers me up on a daily basis.

Sophie, my little country girl, my alter ego.

I've been trying to have more baths during home isolation, as part of my aim to slow down and learn to relax unhurriedly. I must admit, having always been a shower person, I am still to achieve the goal of regularly having at least one bath a week.

I celebrated my birthday in the lockdown. Among other things, I treated myself to some Pimms and crab apple blossom.

G and Midge - my boys, my world 

I have never been the one to watch TV a lot and it has been no different during the lockdown. I like to watch reality programs, Britain's Got Talent being one of my favourites, and apart from a few programs I plan to watch, that is more or less it. 

I have created quite a few still life images during the home isolation, the latest one being a tribute to my muse Emily Brontë, who loved staying at home.

Ten books that have been great companions in my home isolation and have helped to keep me sane and happy. 

As the lockdown continues, I have decided to finish this series now and focus fully on my other series started during the coronavirus outbreak which I entitled "Stay At Home Still Life". So far I have shot nine still lifes during this strange time we are living in at the moment and have shared six of them up until now. I'm looking forward to editing and sharing the other three in the next couple of weeks, all inspired by the wonderful season of the year - springtime.







Comments

  1. Absolutely love this 2 part series. The atmosphere and cottage charm you have captured at home is beautiful. The black and white theme is perfect as well. Can't believe you made such images on a phone! Amazing skill.

    Stay safe lovely lady xx

    Can't wait see your next theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images, especially the Pimms and crab apple blossom, though Midge steals the day for me, especially in Part 1. You need to work a little harder on enjoying your soak in the bath. (I always take a book and settle in for a good read; I should add that I only ever take inexpensive paperbacks to read in the bath - just to be on the safe side!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I do enjoy homely scenes and your home looks like a very pleasant place to be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023