Kirkstall Wildflower Garden, 25/05/20

I have never been nor will I ever be an earlier riser. But I often try, especially in summer months when it is warmer and it gets light early. On sunny mornings the thought of beautiful, low and mellow sunshine casting its magic in nature is often too much of a temptation not to get out of bed and go outdoors.
Monday, the Bank holiday morning was glorious, and I took a walk to the nearby Kirkstall Wildflower Garden, a steep meadow just off the main road at the top of Kirkstall Valley Nature Reserve. At the moment it is teeming with white crown daisies, buttercups, cow parsley and pink clovers. I adore wildflowers and loved spending a quiet moment in this delightful spot.
For me there is something charming and mysterious about old stairs found in nature. The first photo of stairs I took in the wildflower garden, and the second in the woods on the goit side walk a short distance away.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte