Hawthorn & Bird Nest - Stay At Home Still Life VIII

I am very grateful that Covid-19 pandemic lockdown has happened during spring and not some other season. Spring with its awakening of nature and explosion of life and colour has distracted me from the gravity and sadness of the situation and enabled me to nurture myself through the beauty of nature.
I love decking my house with blossom, flowers and anything beautiful from nature I find on my walks or around my house and garden. Much of it serves as inspiration for my still life work.
The image below features hawthorn blossom picked in the park next to my house and an abandoned blackbird nest from my garden. I took a lot of joy in watching a female and a male blackbird building the nest, but alas, it was built too low in the bush and eventually abandoned, probably because the birds felt worried by my dog who, of course, was showing a lot of interest in them fluttering in and out of the bush.
In the postprocessing I used texture layers to enhance the mood of springtime, with a faint impression of a tree on the left hand side and overall pastel tones of soft green, yellow and brown.







Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful. The subject, tones and colours are perfect.

    Love how you took simple 'nature items' and turned them into this gorgeous nature photo. The textures you added finish the whole scene and atmosphere off perfectly demonstrating how skilled am artist you are.

    Enjoy your nature walks....look forward to more shares like this. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your commentary on the lovely still life of the hawthorn blossom... I so much relate to your words about inspiration... alas I wish I had your still life skills... and artistry. It's a pleasure to know your work dear Vesna.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023