Armley Is Beautiful

When we first moved to Leeds from London back in 2003, we lived in a rented house just off Armley Town Street. The following year we bought a house in the neighbouring Bramley where we live now. However, my local walks (with or without our puppy) still regularly take me to Armley and of course, I take photos on all my walks. So when a Facebook friend sent me an invitation to join the group called "Armley Is Beautiful" I gladly accepted. It is not just a great place to share photos of the area, but also to learn about the local history as well as the present. One thing I have learned is that the beautiful Gotts Park, which I love so much, actually belongs to Armley and not Bramley, as I thought. Ok Armley, I give it to you - you are more beautiful than Bramley!
Here are some of my first photos to share with the group, all taken in Gotts Park. The May blossom is magnificent at the moment.

I simply adore this red hawthorn tree! Gotts Park Mansion is visible in between the blossom.

White rhododendron tree near the mansion

Purple rhododendron tree near the mansion. 

Red Valerian in the Rose Garden 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023