Home Isolation in B&W Pictures, Part I

One of the ways to carry on taking photos while in self-isolation due to the coronavirus pandemic is, obviously, to take photos around your home. It is something I don't really do in normal living circumstances, so I thought I'd create a series of photos which will reflect my life in the pandemic imposed quarantine. My aim was to make photos that primarily tell a story, and I decided to present them in monochrome, mainly b&w technique. I feel that the absence of colour allows the eye to focus on the story and the message of the image in the first place, which is what I intended to achieve.
All the photos in this series are taken spontaneously, on impulse with my always to hand iPhone and were edited in Snapseed using the Black & White Film tool (hence the graininess). As usual, the edits were then adjusted in the Lightroom.
Being a rather introvert and private person, I wouldn't normally publicly share photos of my home, but since a good part of the world is in self-isolation right now, and so many people around the world are in the same frustrating and more or less troubling situation, sharing pics like these seems fitting at the moment.
So, here are my first ten images of the series, starting with the room I seem to spend most time in.

My little "computer room", which is much more than that; it is also the reading room, rest room, videos watching room, diary writing room....my haven, really.

My three muses and imaginary friends always watch over me from the shelf - Brontë Sisters 

The futon in the corner of my computer room complete with a Cathy Earnshaw and Jane Eyre cushions.

The Brontë Society book of days where I record my activities to do with the Brontës - visits to Haworth, books read etc.

My computer room window and the view over north-east Leeds


My bedroom

Bathroom window


Small bedroom detail

Dining room table and my vintage cake stand that always contains some home baked cake.

Midge, our gorgeous border terrier puppy; he has been a wonderful self-isolation companion.






Comments

  1. Love your haven room. I need one of those! We have a spare room, but hubby has claimed it for a music room... atleast he thinks he has, lol 😉

    I love the atmosphere you created with the black and white grainy edits. Your baking looks very appealing too. I have been baking and trying out new recipes. I tried pancakes yesterday and unfortunately they didn't work out! You look like an excellent baker however. I think I'll stick to my fairy cakes - much easier.

    Love that little puppy dog face. Dogs are fab companions. Mine makes me laugh often the faces he pulls and the eyes he puts on. Got to love them. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023