Still life With Lilac - Stay At Home Still Life VII

Having walked locally more than ever during the coronavirus lockdown I have made some delightful discoveries from nature on my doorstep, one of them being a massive pale lilac bush. And it does not live in anyone's garden, but in a field, so I didn't have to refrain from cutting off a few branches for my still life work.
The sweet smell of the gorgeous blossom is divine, so I thought I'd pair it with a vintage perfume bottle for a hint of conceptual still life.
The soft pastel tones and softness of detail are inspired again by the paintings of the lovely contemporary artist based in Leeds, Judith Levin.







Comments

  1. Perfect!

    I can smell that sweet scent over here, in Lincolnshire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of the lilac. I have one in our garden. The photo is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte