A Trip To Haworth Moor

Since daily exercise guidance during coronavirus pandemic has recently been reviewed, and now it is allowed to drive to the countryside to take a walk, I decided to treat myself for my birthday to a much needed and longed for ramble on the Haworth moors. We didn't go to the village, but parked at the bottom of Cemetery road and went for a walk along the south of Haworth moor, taking a route not popular with walkers. We also avoided popular locations such as Brontë Falls and Top Withens and instead took the track towards Harbour Lodge Farm with exhilarating expanses of Haworth moor on our right and sweeping views over Leeming reservoir on the left. Having met only one person and their dog during the entire walk, we virtually had the place to ourselves.
It was a glorious day, perfect for walking on the moors. There was quite a strong, but not very cold wind which kept me from getting too warm. The lighting wasn't the sort I'd choose for my photography, but I wasn't complaining by any stretch of the word: it was just truly wonderful to be there and I was grateful for that with all my being.
I seemed to be using a lot the top end of my 18-200mm zoom lens, and hand holding the lens in windy and rather hazy conditions didn't result in very sharp photos. However, regardless of technicalities it is always possible to capture the mood of the day, which is what I invariably aim for.









It was a relatively short walk, but one that I will always remember with a grateful heart; I don't recall  ever craving the moors as much as I did in the past few weeks. Being able to breathe that air again, have the wind in my face and hair, touch the heather, marvel at breathtaking distant views and just losing myself in the liberating, soul cleansing feeling which standing on those beautifully bleak hills gives you is something beyond words. Needless to say, it has given me a fresh strength in the disturbing situation we all have to go through at the moment.







Comments

  1. Hi Vesna!
    Your pictures are so calming and beautiful and I thank you for sharing the wonderful Haworth with us! I wanted to wish you a (belated) Happy Birthday and hope it was a memorable one among these crazy and trying times. Do take care...

    Pat Frank
    Las Vegas, NV
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I'd love to get out onto the moors! I could walk from home really, but it's a bit of longer walk and I can't walk as far as usual at the moment! I am tempted to drive there, but the police are patrolling around here and I half feel it's not worth the potential bother and am also quite enjoying the time at home too, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte