Early Evening Bluebells Magic at Bramley Falls Park, Leeds

I consider myself lucky in a few ways in the current situation of coronavirus lockdown, one of them being that there is not one but four parks within walking distance of my home. I am also lucky that one of the parks, Bramley Falls, boasts a spectacular display of woodland bluebells at this time of year which, of course, I make sure I don't miss. They are about at their prime at the moment, so last Saturday evening I headed for the park, my camera slung over my shoulder, to take my daily exercise walk. The late April sun was slowly slipping towards the horizon casting warm spotlight on the trees and mellow dappled light on the carpets of bluebells. I love how their colour changed from pale pink to magenta, to purple and blue depending on the light in different parts of the woods. The atmosphere was truly enchanting, and I often stopped and stood still just absorbing fairy tale scenes, sweet spring scent of bluebells mingling with the smell of wild garlic here and there and the cheerful song of birds. It was truly uplifting and invigorating experience!









"A fine and subtle spirit dwells
In every little flower,
Each one its own sweet feeling breaths
With more or less of power.
There is a silent eloquence
In every wild bluebell
That fills my softened heart with bliss
That words could never tell."

~ Anne Brontë ~







Comments

  1. Lovely photos that capture the magic. The scent of blue bells is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023