Short Break in the Peak District, July 2020

Last weekend G and I went for a short break to the Peak District with our friends. It was the first time for all of us in this beautiful part of England (yet another one) and we all loved our visit and had a great time. We stayed in a converted barn near Bakewell, Derbyshire from where there were incredible distant views; we visited Haddon Hall which is sadly still closed due to Covid 19, but there was a great craft and artisan market in the grounds; we walked in Chatsworth park and Chatsworth House gardens. The house was closed (it reopened this Monday), but there was so much to see and take in in the magnificent gardens that we were quite happy to visit the house on another occasion. We also went to a very special location the name of which I wish to keep secret for the time being. I will blog about it in a later post. 
Again, I was taking mainly video clips for more iMovies, but of course, I took a few stills too and in this post I am sharing a random selection of my favourite images from the entire trip. 

View from our cottage

Haddon Hall and Mercatum Artisan Market

Chatsworth House

Deer at Chatsworth Park
Chatsworth House Stables courtyard entrance from the Kitchen Garden

Vineyard near Hathersage

Dove Cote
Wildflower meadow
River Wye at Bakewell 
Love locks on Wye Bridge at Bakewell








Comments

  1. Amazing photographs Vesna:) One of my favourite areas on the Planet♥ When I lived in Glossop, on the edge of the Peak District these were places I would visit often♥ Happy days for sure:) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just watched your video and wow spectacular♥ It's been a long time since I visited Chatsworth in the summer months, last time was just before Christmas with temperatures -3 brrrrr. How magnificent the gardens are looking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023