iMovie: Haworth, Brontë Country, July 2020, Day I

Here is the first in the series of four iMovies I have created from video clips I took on the first day of my recent stay in Haworth. All the short movies, created on my iPhone XS Max, will be made as a result of my deep love and passion for the countryside around Haworth that strongly inspired literary Victorian Brontë sisters, who lived and wrote here. The movies will convey my endless love and appreciation of nature and changing seasons, and they will be visual stories of the individual days I spent in the place that has become my haven and my spiritual home.

Day1 started with my checking into Weavers Guesthouse, which together with Ponden Hall, is my favourite place to stay in Haworth. It stands in the very heart of the village, overlooking the Brontë Parsonage Museum, which sadly remains closed for now. My beautiful "Pennine View" room has a view to the Parsonage which at this time of the year is hidden behind the thick foliage of the trees. I soon set off on my first walk which took me past the Parsonage, onto Penistone Hill via Balcony Lane and on to Brontë Falls. I continued towards the villages of Buckley Green and then headed to Oldfield. I returned to Haworth via the idyllic Long Bridge in Worth Valley and Lower Oldfield Farm. I rounded up the day with a hearty meal at the Old White Lion pub, where they had just reopened their restaurant for a first day after having to close it due to Covid 19.

The walk is from my valued book companion that I always have with me when in Haworth - "Literary Trails, Haworth and the Brontës" by D. F. Walford and C. Rayner. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023