Around Ponden, Haworth, Brontë Country, July 2020

I have just returned from my beloved Haworth where I spent four wonderful, so much needed, so much craved days. As always, my trip was all about walking in the beautiful Brontë country, sometimes on the bleak moors, sometimes in the valley near the river and streams, and other times just around the pretty village. From the photography point of view, this time the focus was on taking video clips with my iPhone in order to make short iMovies recording and depicting each day. It is something I haven't done before, so something new for me to try and learn. Ultimately my intention would be to master the basics of professional short film making. Since I have been taking photographs for such a long time I feel a need to learn something new and yet not miles away from photography; and videography seems to me just the perfect thing to choose. To start with, I do not even have to buy any new equipment. However, I shall, of course, continue to take still images, although not as many as I have been so far. There are about thirty, more or less random photos, that I took on this visit to Haworth and I will share them here on my blog in between editing my short movies. Here are the first three images, probably my favourite of all, portraying my very favourite place on earth - Ponden near Haworth in Brontë Country.

Upper Ponden Barn

View over Ponden Clough from Ponden Kirk, the rock at the bottom of the photo. In Emily Brontë's novel "Wuthering Heights" the rock is referred to as "Penistone Crag" and it is the place where the protagonists Cathy and Heathcliff meet. Ponden reservoir is just visible in the distance.

The pass near Ponden Kirk. On the right bank, next to the rock there is a path running through thick moorland heather  leading to the hamlet of Buckley Green and Stanbury village. The views from this path are incredible; it is my favourite path of all in Brontë Country.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte