iMovie: Haworth, Brontë Country, July 2020, Day III

On the third day of my last month's stay in Haworth I walked to Top Withens, the iconic Brontë related location; the farmhouse ruin the location of which was the inspiration for the location of the Wuthering Heights house, the home of Cathy and Heathcliff in Emily Brontë's novel. I wanted to visit Ponden Kirk on the same day - another landmark from the novel, but the paths from the south and west seemed invisible and the terrain rather hazardous looking, so I decided to leave Ponden Kirk for the following (last) day. Walking from Top Withens in the north-west direction I could see Alcomden Stones in the distance, so I made my way towards them. It was an easy, clear and not very long path, and I was pleased to have visited the stones even though I didn't plan to do so. I walked back to Top Withens and returned to Haworth via Brontë Bridge and Falls and Cemetery Road.
It was a pleasant, not too sunny day, with spells of some beautiful lighting. I could not have been happier anywhere else other than those bleak, but beautiful moors. It was my first time at Top Withens this year, and after a few months of Covid 19 lockdown it was so refreshing, reviving and energizing to be in the remote Brontë Country. 
My videography learning is progressing slowly, but steadily, and with just a little bit of frustration. I managed to create another iMovie which I'm sharing here together with some of the still images I took on the day in among many video clips.


 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023