The Month of March

Right now the world is sadly going through an uncertain and challenging time with the outbreak of Coronavirus pandemic, but nature remains consistent in its beauty and continues to regale us with its lovely sights. I, for sure, have drawn solace from watching blossom and little leaf buds appearing on trees; spring flowers popping up with their cheerful colours and birds carrying in their beaks twigs moss etc. for the nests they are making.
I decided to collect samples of all the early signs of spring I come across and display them in a cardboard box with compartments for my next still life image.
I may do this for each month of the year, or at least for each season. To vary the box I have ordered a wooden one on internet and am looking forward to trying it with my next month's image.

From left to right: primrose, forsythia, pieris, flowering currant, hellebore, pansy, primrose, miniature daffodil, unidentified 


"It is the first mild day of March
Each minute sweeter than before
The redbreast sings from the tall larch
That stands beside our door.

There is a blessing in the air,
Which seems a sense of joy to yield
To the bare trees, and mountains bare,
And grass in the green field."

~ William Wordsworth ~





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte