Still Life With Pieris and Heather

Despite the weather continuing to be cold and stormy, Mother nature seems to be awakening for springtime, and it is fairly early compared to previous years. There are already quite a few blooms and colours in my front garden which cheers me up on my way in and out of the house: miniature daffodils, primroses, hellebores, periwinkle, piers, pansies and heather are adorning my early spring garden under my sitting room window.
For my first still life of the year I chose a panicle of little white bell-shaped pieris flowers and a few sprigs of spring flowering purple heather from a pot outside my front door. I paired them with a lovely small earthenware urn I bought in my favourite Haworth shop, The Store.
I am very pleased to say that this was shot using my Nikon DSLR, and not my iPhone. It is the first time I have used my DSLR since I bought my iPhone back in January last year. The alluring fascination with the iPhone has worn off now (still love it, though) and I have decided to use my DSLR as my main camera medium again, especially when it comes to still lifes. I must say I am curiously happy about that decision; there is something very pleasing about holding a "proper" camera in your hands.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte