Sunday Walks with my friend - Otley Chevin Forest Park, 11/04/21

 

Sunday walks with my dear friend Liz have become something we both cherish very much. We started doing these walks in the lockdown and are determined to keep them up regularly. They are now something I look forward to all week. It is a quality time spent together: our time to catch up on the week just gone; our time to connect with nature and enjoy the countryside, and for me also a chance to take photos. Liz is very patient and supportive about my photography, but for me these walks are about our interaction in the first place, so I make sure I only take a few quick shots mainly not straying from the route we chose. One of our favourite walking places is Otley Chevin Forest Park with its beautiful hilly woodland and interesting character. Yesterday it was a beautiful day to ramble around Chevin; rather cold, but sunny. I love walking at this time of year as temperatures are usually perfect for walking for me and the scenery and views not yet obstructed by the thick foliage of summer months. 


"Surprise View" over Otley 









Cleaver Wood






My friend Liz



View over Otley









Vacca Wall






The site of Jenny's Cottage demolished in 1976








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023