September 2023

 




"The wind I hear it sighing
With Autumn's saddest sound - 
Withered leaves as thick are lying
As spring-flowers on the ground - 

This dark night has won me
To wander far away - 
Old feelings gather fast upon me
Like vultures round their prey - 

Kind were they once, and cherished 
But cold and cheerless now -
I would their lingering shades had perished
When their light left my brow"

¬ Emily Brontë ¬ 





Sunset from Brow Moor, Haworth











Ponden Kirk (Penistone Crag in "Wuthering Heights" where Cathy and Heathcliff go to be alone), Stanbury Moor, Haworth











September in Royd House Wood, Haworth











Honeysuckles on Brow Moor, Haworth











Autumn on Penistone Hill, Haworth












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte