A Misty Autumn Walk Around Wycoller, Lancashire

 



"Mr. Rochester, if ever I did a good deed in my life - if ever I thought a good thought - if ever I prayed a sincere and blameless prayer - if ever I wished a righteous wish - I am rewarded now. To be your wife is , for me, to be as happy as I can be on earth."

 Charlotte Brontë, "Jane Eyre"





The following photos I took on a beautifully atmospheric, ethereal walk around Wycoller, Brontë Country with my colleagues from the Brontë Parsonage Museum.


























































































The ruins of Wycoller Hall, Lancashire. The hall was the inspiration for Ferndean Manor in Charlotte Brontë's novel "Jane Eyre", Rochester's second home where he moves after his first home Thornfield Hall is burnt down, and where he is reunited with Jane.
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte