Little Stories Of My Life In Pictures: July (Part III)



 A photo diary of a photographer, nature lover, keen home maker and the Brontë Sisters fan




I like making sausage rolls; everybody likes them.




My doggo Midge hiding in the shade on an extremely hot day







Canal boat on my way to TCV Hollybush







Self-portrait in the window of a canal boat





A supermarket cat; she is always hanging around my local Aldi's car park






Afternoon rest station next to my sofa. In the framed photo on the left is Patrick Brontë, the father of the genius I am continuously inspired by. The image on the slate to the right is a present from our best friends. It is a transfer of my photo which has been licensed for a book cover eleven times!








The post box I pass every day on my dog walks to the local park







Bed within bed: our dog makes his bed in our bed





Me and G with our best friends Dave and Liz. We were supposed to go for a walk, but it rained so we went to the pub instead






Rainy day around Kirkstall Abbey 







I'm not and will never be a wildlife photographer, but I loved this little scene that screamed summer. You know the summer is in full swing when coneflowers are in bloom




Some plums ripening in the little Lilac Grove Park in my neighbourhood hinting autumn is just round the corner





Hypericum from Hollybush. I was clearing the sides of the polytunnel where it was growing behind the benches, so instead of composting all of it I brought some home and put it in a vase. As usual, it made me think of a still life composition. I like to celebrate the beauty of nature this way.






The books I was reading in July. They are mainly reference books which I read/look at every month







The charming little, but much needed post office on Haworth Main Street closed after more than 185 years of serving the locals the day before I took this picture. It was the first scene I saw when I arrived for a visit to Haworth. It was Emily Brontë's birthday and the sight wasn't a good one to start the celebrations with.  






Alliums at York Gate Garden - a favourite haunt after Sunday walks with my friend at this time of the year. We love to have a stroll around here followed by a drink and snack in the cafe














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023