Kirkstall Abbey and River Aire, Leeds, West Yorkshire - 07/06/20

Despite the circumstances related to the Covid 19 pandemic slowly improving now, I still have not ventured very far from my home and have only been taking walks that do not involve any driving. Here are a few pics from my favourite local walk the other day around the fascinating Kirkstall Abbey; it was a cloudy, rather dull, but nevertheless pleasant June day. An overcast day is always a good and easy day for photography; the light is diffused and even, so you know what to expect in your photos, and there is always a great scope for post processing if that is what you want to do with your images.

Part of the ruins of Kirkstall Abbey. As a big Brontë fan I like to mention that, incidentally, this is the site where Patrick Brontë, the father of the three Victorian literary Brontë sisters, proposed to his wife, their mother in 1812. 

The ruin of the Kirkstall Abbey Church. The impressive remains of the structure still stand up to their  full height.

Abbey House Museum. It stands across the road from the Abbey and used to be a gatehouse providing an entrance to the inner precinct of the Abbey's complex. It is a delightful little museum exploring lifestyle of Victorian era Leeds. I so look forward to its reopening!  

It is poppies season; the gorgeous red beauties on the grass verge brightened my day.

The narrow woodland path along the river Aire

The same path as above; there are many picturesque spots along the path that ends soon after this point.

The River Aire at Kirkstall Abbey. As I retraced my steps and returned to the Abbey the sun came out, and I was treated to some lovely, soft sunlight at the end of my ramble.  



P.S. This is my first post created in the New Blogger. I must say there are some very good improvements; the Blogger is getting much better and easier to use.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte