Garden Window After Hailstorm

The weather in the last two weeks has been very volatile and severe with gale force winds and driving rain fiercely battering Yorkshire and causing damaging floods. Needless to say, I haven't been out taking photos and am by now longing to do so. However, yesterday afternoon a little chance to do some creative photography indoors presented itself. Virtually out of nowhere a short, but violent hailstorm broke out, and as it stopped the sun came out for a few minutes. I spotted the water droplets glinting on the window pane of my dining room door, the back garden just recognizable beyond. I had just enough time to grab my iPhone and get a couple of shots before the sun disappeared taking away the magic and leaving the scene looking pretty much mundane.



"The night is darkening round me
The wild winds coldly blow
But a tyrant spell has bound me
And I cannot cannot go

The giant trees are bending
Their bare boughs weighed with snow
And the storm is fast descending
And yet I cannot go

Clouds beyond clouds above me
Wastes beyond wastes below
But nothing drear can move me
I will not cannot go

~Emily Brontë~





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023