Image Sale October 2019

It's a happy day for me and my photography today as I have had a Trevillion statement confirming a significant sale: Ikea UK have licensed my photo for their art posters!


It's always a special pleasure for me when one of my still life images sells as those are the images I have created from scratch. This particular one of rose-hip I shot at this time of the year back in 2010. The rose-hip branches come from the bush in the car park outside my house. Each year I cut some and bring back into my house.

The client asked the Trevillion Client Account Director if I could provide a few words about the image: "Where your inspiration came from? And maybe a title (if you have something in mind)?"
This is what I replied:

I love red berries in photographs (and generally, splashes of red, for that matter) and rose-hip with its oval shape is my favourite. I am impressed by the wild and straggly look of rose-hip twigs and how each berry has its own stem. As a still life photographer I thought the plant would look interesting as part of a still life study. I liked the unusual composition it offered with the red berries scattered diagonally across the frame.  

So the inspiration for the image comes from my love of nature and the urge to visually celebrate the beauty of nature. 

As to a title, I must admit that is something more difficult to talk about for me; a simple title comes to mind: " Rose-hip, A Gift of Autumn"...."





Comments

  1. I hole you sell them the Jugs with flowers and fruits. It would go so perfect with this one that I already bought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023