Walks With My Dog - Gotts Park and Raynville Rd 29/04/2019

A rather atmospheric, misty and fresh morning; kept my eyes peeled for colourful spring growths and blossoms; enjoyed myself using a newly installed plant identifying app on my iPhone - PlantSnap... 

Douglas Maple 

Gotts Park Mansion, built by Benjamin Gott, one of the UK greatest 19th century industrialists. He filled the house with paintings, statues and books. I am still to find out about the interior of the house at present times.

Rapeseed 

Blueblossom peeking through a fence.
Azalea shrub with horse chestnut blossom in front 





Comments

  1. Plantsnap sounds bril. You seem to be having a great time with your new phone Vesna. What amazing technology we have at our disposal. I sometimes wonder what my late father would think of it all if he knew of all the changes. He was alive in the day when mobile phones were as big (and heavy) as bricks! Love the Douglas Maple image with Midge waiting patiently. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, the technology today is amazing; I'm really more than pleased with the image quality my iPhone gives me, and it's just so handy using it for everyday snaps, particularly on walks with my ever so giddy puppy dog - I just couldn't manage with my DSLR. But that's not to say that I won't be using my DSLR again....I could never forsake a proper camera...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023