Springtime Reverie Still Life

Time for a seasonal still life. I cannot let any season pass without creating an image through which I express how I feel about the season and how I generally feel at the time of making the image. This is why still life work is very important to me, and why I continue pursuing it; no other genre of photography gives me quite the same amount of freedom of expression.
Classic still life image is what I usually go for, and this time there is no exception. However, there is something essentially new in my new creation: for a first time I have used only plants and flowers that I have picked myself. Since I started walking with my new puppy I have enjoyed foraging and bringing nature into my home. I decided to get rid of any artificial flowers and decorations and only use real ones. I also intend to learn how to preserve flowers etc for home decor as part of a new hobby.
For the image below I used bluebells picked in the local park, fallen pink rhododendron flowers from my front garden and for the jug, various shrub twigs that I cut on my walks with the dog. I really like the difference in impact the colourful twigs make compared to the more conventional use of flower stems.






Comments

  1. This is stunning. I am a big fan of old-worldly images and this is right up my street. Gorgeous share. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte