Happy New Year!

New Year always means a fresh start for me. With the festivities over and Christmas decorations tucked away till next year it is time to cleanse the mind and body, reflect and think about what can be done to better yourself and your life. Not that I necessarily keep up with all of my resolutions, but it is good to have positive and honest thoughts about things.
One resolution I do hope I will realize is to post here more often, and to generally improve my blog.

For me January is the least inspiring month for photography unless we have some snow which we have not and it has not been forecast. Short, cold, dark and usually wet days and muddy countryside paths will almost certainly keep me away from the moors. Instead I plan on exploring and photographing some nearby towns and villages like Thornton - The Bronte sisters' birthplace, Saltaire and Bingley.

I have quite a few shots from last year on my drive that I need to edit so I hope there will be posts in the next few weeks reminiscent of better and warmer weather to enliven winter days.

It is also the perfect time of the year to have a good rest, and spend a lot of time curled up on the sofa or snuggled down in your bed, your favourite drink at hand, reading all those books you have lined up to read on the first opportunity.


I found inspiration for this image on the Trevillion Images site. I was not really looking to shoot an interior detail image but simply came up with the idea when I saw this photo. It is a shot of my bedroom with just a touch of arrangement. I lit up the candles in my candelabra to create a warm and intimate mood of going to bed time of the day and applied vignettig in post processing. And to add that dreamy softness I used a subtle texture layer too.
I am a fan of interior photography and am happy and proud to use corners of my home to create that type of photos. I thought this image, which I shot earlier this year, fitted well with today's post.





Comments

  1. Love this photograph. Enjoyed looking through your blog.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is utterly depressing. Indoor shots are a good go-to for this time of year. You seem to have your house well set up for photos, mine isn't so stylish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023