Portraiture Photography With Haidi, Summer 2019

Having my Croatian niece Haidi to stay with me here in Leeds also meant having fun doing portrait photo shoots. She loves modelling and I love taking photos; I always say portraiture has never been and will never be my favorite category of photography, but I am always happy and excited to work with suitable and willing models; and Haidi is more than that - she is also someone I know well and someone I love dearly, which makes things easier and the whole shooting more relaxed and enjoyable. Moreover, Haidi is beautiful and talented in more than one way. To be fair, I couldn't wish for a better model, and we shall continue to create photo images.

Golden Acre Park, Leeds

This was just a family outing to a nearby park; no photo shoot was planned, and I just took a few spontaneous shots of Haidi at a couple of pretty spots in the park.







Oakwell Hall, Birstall

We chose the grounds of the beautiful, historic Oakwell Hall for a more thought out shoot. We bought a cream silk tunic for Haidi to wear and made sure we were out on a late, bright afternoon for some pleasant lighting. We focused on mood and atmosphere images and also went for a few theatrical pics conveying some hard emotions.





















This photo shoot was followed by another one a few days later, at a location that I carry deep in my heart - Top Withens, the ruin whose location inspired the location of the house in "Wuthering Heights", the famous novel by Emily Brontë. We made some great images on the day, and I am very excited at the prospect of editing them some time this autumn.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte