August 2024

 




"I am glad as a child, in this beautiful weather;
I have tossed all my burdens and trials away;
My heart is as light - yes, as light as a feather;-
I am care-free, and careless, and happy to-day.
Can it be there approaches a dark, dreary to-morrow?
Can shadows e'er fall on this beautiful earth?
Ah! To-day is my own! No forebodings of sorrow
Shall darken my skies, or shall dampen my mirth."

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox, from "Summer Song" -





Me and my Swedish Brontë friend Malin at Ponden Kirk, Penistone Crag in Emily Brontë's novel "Wuthering Heights". Malin reminds me of my childhood hero Pippi Longstocking .







Brontë Parsonage Museum. when all the visitors are gone and silence falls upon the Brontës home.















August morning in Haworth, Brontë Country. The cheerful pink potted pelargonium on the church steps nods at me as I pass on my way to work. 












Sunderland Point, Lancashire 














































































A soulful window. Books and flowers is all I need.












Upper Ponden, Stanbury, Brontë Country in golden hour




















August Goodbye Facebook Real 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte

Ponden Hall to Ponden Kirk, Bronte Country