Photography New Year Resolutions


Cemetery Road, Haworth, Brontë Country

Apart from my usual, general New Year resolutions, this year I have made some resolutions referring  to my photography, as well. Next year it will be exactly 30 years since I first took up photography; I love it more than ever now and would like to continue taking photos regularly, but I feel the need to do new things and grow creatively. I thought about what direction I want my photography to go and what exactly I want to do, and here is a summary of that.

1. I want to try my hand at iPhoneography. At the moment I have an android mobile phone that takes less than satisfactory quality photos, and for that reason, so far I have only used my DSLR and  compact cameras to take photos. My mobile phone needs changing now, so I thought I'd switch over to an iPhone that will enable me to take better photos. I am also eager to explore iPhone photo editing possibilities including different editing apps.

2. Very soon G and I will be getting our first dog. It will be a life changing thing, and I can also see how it can help me take the next step in my photography. I hope my walks with the dog will open the door to a new kind of photography for me - the kind I've been thinking about for a while now - just everyday photos related to seasons and nature; "ordinary" pics I can then enhance creatively.  And this is where my new iPhone will come in, too - on my walks with the dog I intend to only take my iPhone with me.

3. I want to try and focus more on book cover images. These are usually simple composition, lightly processed images with a specific subject matter and clearly expressed mood. My database with Trevillion Images is growing too slowly, and I need to try to have more of my images accepted. To help me with this I have started writing down  relevant ideas in a tiny notepad and have opened a Pinterest board entitled "Inspiring Photographic Book Covers".

4. Right now I feel a bit deflated about my photo processing. I feel that I strive too much towards "perfect" looking photo which is detrimental to the mood of the image. Since mood is for me the most important element of an image I want to be more spontaneous with my edits which means steering away from technical correctness and giving free rein to the mood.

5. My last resolution is only indirectly related to my photography, and is also the only one I don't put much faith in, but I feel time has come when I ought to give it a go. It is about setting up a website for selling prints of my work. It is a project that, as a longtime photographer I feel I owe it to myself to try and take it on and, hopefully, I can carry it out next year.

And this is about all. Hopefully it won't prove too much to aim for; at the moment it all seems achievable to me; above all, I am glad I was able to come up with clear goals for my next year photography work.

I would love to hear about any photography New Year resolutions my readers may have.


Haworth Main Street, Brontë Country


~Happy New Year!~





Comments

  1. Dear Vesna,I m not so good in english writing and expression,so I could write in few words that your resolutions(decisions) for New Year 2019 are for my opinion very good and inspire.Wish to you from my heart very happy healthy creative successful prosperous year 2019 and that your ideas, dreams become true.With hugs and Love Andrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dearest Andrina! A comment like yours can only come from a true friend! I do appreciate your kindness and warm wishes and am so grateful you are part of my life! Hugs and love back to you now and always!

      Delete
  2. Vesna, your processing is perfect already. The atmosphere in your images is simply beautiful. All the best with your resolutions for 2019 and hope you enjoy your new pet. They bring so much joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Wendy for your kind comment :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023