Otley Bridge

It was a bitingly cold but sunny winter day at my favourite Otley. I decided it was too cold to be taking a lot of photos and spent most of my time looking around the shops. I paid a quick visit to the Wharfe Meadow Park and watched people feeding swans while I ate my lunch. The sunlight on the bridge arches and its reflections in the water were very attractive so I took a few shots. When I imported the pics onto my computer I was pleased to see that the light in shady areas was blue providing a nice colour contrast in the image. Composition-wise I liked best a shot that did not contain the figure of a woman in a red jacket. However I was keen on using the figure because the red was going to add another striking colour so I made a layer of it in Photoshop and merged it with my desired shot. I added textures and a bird brush, and also some radial blur to create dreaminess and draw the attention to the woman enjoying the view from the bridge.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023