Christmas Time

Every year I try to create a Christmas still life. As always, it has to look traditional so I avoid using any modern style decorations. This year I managed to get some lovely cinnamon sticks and a divine potpourri and both have served a double purpose. I didn't find any natural red berries branches so I used an artificial one as it didn't look too bad. I needed a "centerpiece" and after thinking hard I decided to use the little oval frame with a black and white portrait of an unknown woman in it. I may have slightly overdone with the vignette but I like the texture of it and played a long time with the colour trying to achieve the right shade of red. I think the strong vignette adds to the Christmas feel of the image. The result is a nostalgic, old world still life that also contains a wistful, even a sad note. I do not mind as I know there are a lot of people out there who for whatever reason will be unable to have a happy Christmas or people who will be missing dearly a loved one they lost. I dedicate this image to those people, the people who will have to rely on the memories of happier times.




I love Christmas and like to create a little bit of magic in my home for the festive season.






A couple of random mobile phone photos taken in a pub on a visit with a friend.





                                                                    Merry Christmas!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte