Red House

Red House was a home of 19th century cloth merchants. It is situated in Gomersal, West Yorkshire. Today it is a delightful museum with period rooms boasting their original furniture and looking just like they did when the Taylor family lived there. The daughter of the family was a close friend of Charlotte Bronte who featured the house in her novel "Shirley". "There was no splendour but there was taste everywhere", wrote Charlotte and she was right - the interior looks most charming and cosy without the opulence of some grander houses.
The gardens are very beautiful and inviting. I particularly like their pretty ironwork. For my photo I chose a shady under the tree viewpoint which enabled me to frame the house with  foliage and thus accentuate its enchanting look. I loved the combination of rich red and green tones of the image and used a warm dark brown texture to bring them out in post processing,





Comments

  1. Picture perfect! All those lovely old houses make me wish I could move into one, if only for a day. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023