Still Life with Asters

September brings asters which I like very much. They are so colourful and pretty with their numerous tiny petals and different colour centres. They are also inexpensive and last long. This year for a first time I came across phlox - the little pink flowers that smell gorgeous. I paired them with red asters and used my old milk churn for some vintage looking still life images. I thought I'd use a different approach for each shot so the first one is a set up still life, the second one "found" still life (my kitchen window as it was at the time of shooting) and then I went for a very simple, minimalist look using a single flower and a small milk bottle.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023