Lane End Farm, Tong, West Yorkshire

Here are a few images of the farm animals I found at Lane End Farm in Tong village. They were taken back in February and were one of the first iPhone images I took, but I've just processed them now. I decided to crop them square and wonder if the quality would have been much better if I took them in square format in the first place. But, at the time of taking these shots I had a different composition in mind and only afterwards felt square crop actually worked better. One of many good sides of using square crop is that square images appear much larger on social media sites than rectangular ones. The processing apps I used here are Snapseed and PhotoToaster; I must say I'm falling in love with monochrome photography all over again, even if it's only about converting digital images into black & white. It is amazing what the absence of colour can do, especially if you are able to come up with good monochrome tones.







There are a few lovely working farms with shops not far from where I live, and this springtime I intend to visit them all. For me there is no more pleasant and enjoyable time then being in the countryside and watching animals and nature. And coming back home with a bagful of some delightful local organic produce, and .....of course, some nice pics to play with.





Comments

  1. I love to see monochrome photos like these Vesna; they have a real 'timeless' appeal - something colour images often don't achieve. I absolutely love the image of the goat peeping out of the shelter. My sister kept a couple of goats once upon a time to help with her asthma and skin condition and the milk of the goats really did help.

    Hope you enjoyed your fresh organic produce. You can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

Gawthorpe Hall and Charlotte Bronte