A November Day Around Haworth, Brontë Country

I don't really need to have a purpose for going to Haworth. I love the place so much that that alone is enough to keep me going there. But to add to the excitement of my visits I usually assign a purpose to each one of them. And last Monday it was a very different and special purpose. I decided to leave my job and have a slow, stress-free and deliberate Christmas, while I work out my next steps towards building a better quality lifestyle for myself and G. The moors were beckoning again and calling me, so I hurried over for a much needed head clearing and liberating walk.
I didn't want a bright and sunny day; it doesn't really suit the moors, and it wouldn't have quite suited my mood on that particular day either. So I was grateful for the overcast weather with a bit of dramatic and typically broody light now and again.






It was bitterly cold however, and I wasn't really prepared for it as temperatures had been mild previous days. There was no wind which was unusual, but the air was so cold my fingers clad in fingerless gloves felt like they were about to fall off together with my camera they were clutching. I wondered around for about an hour, deeply breathing in the fresh air...the spirit....the freedom.....and then, feeling invigorated in mind and body I was ready for some physical warmth....it was time to go to the Parsonage and say hello to the Brontës - the most fascinating and inspiring artistic family that touched my life.








Comments

  1. Congratulations on leaving your job and good luck in whatever you decide to do next. Beautiful photos from your walk, I love being out on the moors :) I've not had time to walk for ages (renovating our house before we move into it is eating up all my time at the moment!) so it's great so see scenes like this on blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise! I like when people congratulate me on leaving my job, it feels so good to have a break. Wishing you the best of luck in your new home, and hope you soon find a bit of time for some refreshing walking. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023