Cotton Balls in Winter

Have you ever seen cotton plant at its cotton balls stage? Well, I hadn't until I bought this delightful, seasonal, winter bouquet at the local supermarket. It contained a fascinating long twig with fluffy white balls. I couldn't resist a few quick shots of the twig on its own. I love the way it resembles a withered plant whose seed heads have been buried in fallen snow. Its amazing wintery look, despite, of course, not being a winter plant at all, made me process the image in subtle, cool blue tones creating a cold winter feel. Oh yes, I embrace winter, just like I embrace all the other seasons. Each season is beautiful in its own right, and I never wish away any of them.... not a single day.....







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023