Summer at East Riddlesden Hall

Every summer I like to go to some beautiful English gardens to capture the essence of summertime with my camera. In fact to capture not just the essence but the entire exuberance and magic the season brings along. I was very excited when I learned about East Riddlesden Hall, a National Trust property near Keighley, not far from where I live, and very easy to get to. I was surprised I had not already known about it. It is a beautiful 17th century manor house with delightful gardens. I first had a look around the house, a rather hasty one, as on this occasion I wanted to concentrate on outdoor photography, and then I walked in the gardens losing myself in their beauty and in taking photos. I was thrilled to find so many shots. My favourite garden is Mollie's garden, a secluded garden which children help maintain. It is shown in the last four images. I spent a lot of time there marveling at so much wonderful detail. The whole place is just amazing and I am very pleased to have discovered it.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023