Monday, 27 July 2015

Arcangel

I have recently joined another (third) online photo stock agency - Arcangel. It is just that sales with Getty Images have been almost non existent lately and Trevillion are very particular about what they accept so I am left with quite a few images just sitting on my hard drive. I thought I would give them a chance to sell with Arcangel who have struck me as stocking the type of images mine would fit in well with. They are also a lot less restrictive about what they accept for their database so I hope they wil accept most of the images I submit. Right now I have had my first photos accepted and a lot more are in the pending queue awaiting consideration. I am sharing here just two of them which I have not posted on my blog before.


Taken in my dining room. I love white roses and they render themselves so well to a vintage still life. I always wanted to include my dresser in one of my images and finally it happened. I felt I had all the props I needed when I bought the old mantel clock. The image was processed with ambrotype effect to achieve the brown vintage tones and vignette.



Just a couple of pieces of old fancy cutlery my friend gave me knowing I can use them for my photography. I simply placed them on the kitchen work top and snapped a few shots from different angles at different apertures. Not my usual type of image, it is a bit too plain for me but agencies seem to need plain images so I may shoot some more in the future. However, I have always stressed that I can only make images from my heart and am virtually unable to work to a directive. I have to feel inspired to take photos regardless of whether they are saleable or not.


Update, 22nd September, 2015

I was wrong. It did not turn out nowhere near as I expected. Out of initial fifty images I sent to Arcangel for consideration I only had eight accepted. I do not understand it. They had had a chance to look at my work on Flickr and if they thought there were not many images they would take on why did they contract me? I am not interested in being part of another agency where I will not able to build up a decent size portfolio so I will not be submitting any more of my photos to Arcangel. I will send them to Getty Images instead who have accepted virtually everything Arcangel returned. And that will be it as far as agencies are concerned. I will not be joining any more. Trevillion and Getty is enough for me and the amount of photos I take. I am quite happy to limit my membership to just two online stock libraries.







No comments:

Post a Comment