Walks With My Dog - Gotts Park 17/10/19

The day before yesterday I woke up to what looked like a fine morning and decided to take my dog Midge for a long and leisurely walk in the nearby Gotts Park. As we got there the sun came out fully and cast a glorious golden light on the still and misty landscape. No words are necessary or fitting enough to describe the autumnal beauty that unfolded before my eyes; the photos that I took describe it best. However, here is a quote that goes well with this post:

"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Close bosom friend of the maturing sun..."

~John Keats (1795-1821)~ "To Autumn"























Comments

  1. Beautiful :)

    Such a lovely time of year to get out with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first and second to last photos, very beautiful. Here in the West Country it is still quite green and we are waiting for autumn colour to appear on the trees. Two very cold nights this week so the rich colours will soon be appearing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023