First iPhone Photos

Yes, I've got it! My first ever brand new iPhone! Latest, top-of-the-range iPhone xs Max. And I am over the moon with it and the fact that I am ready to take a plunge into iPhoneography (iPhone photography). It is for the first time ever in my more than half a century long life that I have a top end piece of technology of any kind. I could simply never afford such a camera, and iPhones, even though not exactly cheap, are a lot more affordable as photo equipment than DSLRs. My new iPhone is an amazing device, takes great photos and is simple to use. While I'm reading some online articles on less apparent camera features and tips on how to create best iPhone pics I have taken my very first tentative frames.

Almshouse, Saltaire, West Yorkshire

Almshouses from Victoria Street, Saltaire, West Yorkshire

Albert Terrace, Saltaire, West Yorkshire

Crabapple Tree

Booths Yard, Pudsey, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Post-Christmas Holly

River Aire at Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds, West Yorkshire 

January Still Life

Cosy Club, Leeds, West Yorkshire
I processed these images with the iPhone built in photo editor and also with Snapseed and Mextures, which are the first two apps I have downloaded from the App Store. Both apps are great fun and easy to use, especially if you have previous photo editing experience. You don't really need more than two apps, but I am just too curious not to try some others available out there. I will definitely try Stackables, PhotoToaster, Hipstamatic, TouchRetouch, Distressed FX and VSCO at least.
When I finished editing the pics on my phone I could not resist importing them onto my computer to view them on my 19" monitor; after all I only ever edited photos on my PC and I needed to check my very first iPhone pics large. I was very happy with the quality, (the resolution is only slightly lower than that of DSLR images), but I found my beginner iPhone processing a bit "heavy handed"; I decided to give each image a tiny tweak in the Lightroom or Photoshop Elements to take the edge off their look. Some of the images may still look overprocessed, but I can live with that for now.

I must say I am so smitten with some of iPhone images out there, so bowled over by the idea of a camera that is always with you without carrying anything other than your phone and so intrigued and drawn to countless very attractive editing apps that I have decided to put away my DSLR for the time being and just take photos with the iPhone until I feel I've mustered iPhone photography. My only concern is that after having used an 18mm-200mm zoom lens as the main lens I may find the absence of optical zoom on iPhone a bit restricting. However, I also believe I can get used to that soon, or maybe not even miss the zoom as I see iPhoneography and DSLR photography as different genres of photography.

I thought the next step for me would naturally be to set up an Instagram account. Since it would mean more time spent on internet (and I'm trying to cut down on it) I have thought long and hard about it, and after a lot of hesitation I have come to a final conclusion that, odd as it may sound to some, Instagram is not the right photo sharing platform for me. So, apart from my blog, I shall continue to share my photos on Facebook and Flickr only.




Comments

  1. They look great! I've never had an iphone, or an i anything before but the camera seems to be pretty good on the latest one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vesna, these images are amazing!

    I am in love with the atmosphere you captured re: the River Aire - totally amazing image.

    So love the depth of colours achieved with this iphone.

    Excited to see what You capture next 💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023