Autumn Still Life With Squash and Rose-hip

Autumn, with its stunning colour palette in the nature and abundance of various fruit and wild berries, is a must do still life photography season for me. More than in any other season my mind is awash with ideas, and inspiration flows freely. As soon as they appear in supermarkets, I get a few squashes which I use for decoration on my kitchen window. I choose various colours and shapes, and they look great as an autumn statement against garden background outside the window. For my still life I chose the dark green squash with a yellow centre because I love its colour. I have a thing for red berries, particularly rose-hip, so I picked some from the car park outside my house and popped them in my antique French country enamelware pitcher. The conkers come all the way from Croatia. I brought them over from my recent visit as I needed to take a piece of Croatian nature back with me.
As to postprocessing, I like to use texture layers with my still life images to achieve a painterly effect. I wanted the background to reflect the autumn feel of the image as well, so I opted for an autumn tree texture from Distressed Textures Seasons pack.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023