Ponden Hall Window, Haworth, Brontë Country

Here is just a quick and brief post before a two week break I am going to take from posting as I go for a visit to my native Zagreb to see my Mum, family and friends.
I love taking photos of the inside of windows; there is something irresistible about the mood and drama the interplay of shadows and highlights creates.
I have recently stayed at Ponden Hall, my favourite place with Brontë connections, and am still reminiscing with fondness about it. On the morning of check out, after breakfast and a lovely chat with my friends Julie and Steve, who run Ponden Hall as B&B, I took a few shots of this beautiful old mullioned window.


This is just a corner of a massive table at which Julie serves her most delicious breakfast to guests. I love gazing out of the window while enjoying the food. On this particular morning there were many delightful signs of autumn in the garden outside; leaves changing colours, gorgeous tall and bushy fuchsia with its pretty pink ballerina like flowers, soft morning sunlight pushing its way out in the overcast sky....it was just an admirable early autumn sight and feeling....



Comments

  1. Lovely. You may be interested in my posts.
    https://forestofnoreturn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023