Still Life With Book and Doll's Hat

Time for a new still life post. This image was intended as a summer still life, but I shot it back in May when the weather was much more summery than it is now. My lavender, which I used in this image, was in its first and best bloom; the warm and sunny days made me dream of walking in long grass wearing a hat similar to the one in the photo and of lazy afternoons spent reading a good book in the garden. The writing quill from the Brontë Parsonage shop adds balance to the composition as well as allusion to the literary sisters who are my constant muses in everything creative I do.
I processed the image with just a quick and subtle texture layer from Jessica Drossin's "Wuthering Heights" texture pack. I am particularly pleased with how the colour of the background came out: the grey-green shade seems to work well with the red, pink and purple in the rest of the image.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023