Salt & Garlic

.....and "don't forget rosemary!" as an English saying goes.
It's been a while since I posted here. I have recently started a new job which is quite life changing. There is a lot to learn and adjust to new circumstances so my photography has been a little slow. I don't mind that. I think it helps to freshen your creativity if you have periods when you are not doing much but just concentrating on other things and thinking of new ideas.
I shot this still life at the beginning of the month. I wanted to make a traditional, old-world looking image that would evoke the spirit of the past times kitchen, As my house is done up in country style there is quite a few objects to choose from in my kitchen. As usual when I am creating a still life with a few elements I went for a theme and this time it was seasoning and herbs used for cooking. I opted for a low key look using dark wood textures and a low brightness setting as a lot of old cottages and houses had small windows and therefore it was quite dark inside. (It would not bother me, I would love to live in an old English cottage!)




Comments

  1. Ponovo lijepa kompozicija i izvrstan odabir predmeta...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023