Bathroom Still Life

My bathroom window faces south and gets some lovely light in the afternoon, particularly at this time of the year when the sunlight is not very strong. It has frosted glass which diffuses and softens the light making the window, blind and windowsill an irresistible background for a still life shoot for me. The bottle with some dried flowers in it that lives on the windowsill was an easy subject choice, and combined with some hand made soap provided a simple, minimalist composition. To round up the bathroom theme I applied a water drops texture layer in processing. I also decided to crop this image square and then use a ttv frame which I feel works well with simple square images with light(ish) background.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023