The End of A Long Winter

Yesterday I went out searching for Spring - yes, Spring with a capital s, which surely should be upon us
now it's already April. I drove to the lovely village of Ledsham on the outskirts of east Leeds. It was bitingly cold and after a short time of taking pictures my hands started aching with cold. But daffodils were out, yay!!!, a little smaller than usual though, not fully open yet, as if showing their faces carefully...tentatively...
There were also a few primroses, mainly yellow ones and snowdrops that have gone over now. I am not sure what sort of tree or shrub this is in my photo but it bore the only blossom I came across. With the wooden fence and green field behind it and daffodils next to it it seemed just the scene I was looking for.





Comments

  1. Prolječe je stiglo....konačno!!!
    I kod nas je zadnjih par dana sunčano i toplo..:-)
    Lijepa proljetna impresija, pozdrav!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvala, Davore!
    Da, napokon smo svi docekali proljece!
    Pozdrav i tebi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023