Kirkstall Abbey Walk, 22/01/2013

It snowed heavily the night before. Big, thick snow flakes settling fast. In the morning the sun came out and when I looked eagerly out the window I was delighted to see it was going to be a most beautiful winter day. I did not want to drive in the snow so the most obvious destination for photography was Kirkstall Abbey, which is about twenty five minute walk away from my house. I usually save it for special weather conditions such as snow or fog because the ruin lends itself really well to atmospheric photos. It is a medieval Cistercian monastery situated in beautiful parkland on the north bank of the river Aire, about two and a half miles north-west of Leeds city centre. After the first one I have kept the images in the order I took them so they follow my walk from home to the abbey and around it. The snow was melting rapidly due to the sun shining so I just managed to take my shots before there was very little of it left.


























Comments

  1. Neobično je vidjeti engleski Countryside pod snijegom - zanimljiva reportaža.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da, ovo nikako nije snjezna zemlja, ali u zadnjih par godina svake godine padne sniijega za razliku od prijasnjih godina kada ga skoro uopce nije bilo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023