Tower Bank Arms and Hill Top, Sawrey, Lake District, 31/08/2011

The weather and lighting conditions have been appalling, and what with Christmas preparations I normally start in the second half of November time for taking pictures have virtually been non existent. Thankfully, I always have some photos in the archives that are worth digging out and processing. The ones bellow are taken on my visit to the village of Sawrey and  Beatrix Potter's farm and cottage, Hill Top. I love Beatrix Potter. She is one of the women who inspires me the most. Every time I need a bit of mental boost I reach for one her books, whether it is one of her children's stories, her biography or anything published to do with her - I have it all. The Tower Bank Arms is the village pub that features in Beatrix's illustrations and stories. I have just processed the image, while the rest of the images I processed previously and uploaded to my Flickr photostream. The second image is my personal tribute to Beatrix. It is a shot of the bench outside her cottage window and I added a rabbit because the most famous of her characters was Peter Rabbit. The third image shows her vegetable garden, and the last one cattle and sheep grazing in her orchard and on the pastures of her farm.








Comments

  1. Čista idila....i još i zečić na klupici.....nije ni čudo da se na engleskom selu stvaraju najljepše slikovnice za djecu..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvala, Davore! Da, ovo tlo je idealno za djecje slikovnice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place and how beautifully you have portrayed it. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much, David! I am honoured by your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a marvelous series, Vesna. She was a remarkable person and your images capture the magic of her home. I love the rabbit! But my favorite is the last image. The composition is perfect. It really does look like a wonderful old painting. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023